FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
• What are your hours?
Monday-Saturday: 4:30 p.m. to close.
Monday: 5 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Tuesday through Thursday 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturday: 5 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Open for private events only.
• Do you sell Gift Cards?
Yes! Gift cards can be purchased anytime by visiting https://gifts.opentable.com/The-Boarding-House?ref=1. Gift cards may be purchased in any amount.
• How may I purchase a bottle of wine or dinner for a friend dining at your restaurant?
Please contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call us at 312-280-0720 Monday-Saturday between the hours of 12 noon-4pm to make the necessary arrangements. Requests made during hours of dinner service on the date of reservations are difficult to execute.
• How many floors are there?
There are five floors in total. The Cellar is our private event space in the basement, our main Wine Bar is on the first floor, the second floor is the kitchen and The Ward Room (the second of our private event spaces) and our main Dining Room is spread over the third floor and a fourth floor lofted mezzanine.
• How can I contact you ?
Our address, phone and email information are available on our contact page.
• If I book reservations through OpenTable or over the phone, where will my reservations be?
All reservations booked through OpenTable and over the phone are for our Dining Room on the third floor.
• Can you make reservations for the tables in the Wine Bar?
No. Our Wine Bar is all open seating based on availability.
• Can I order from the dining room menu in the bar area?
Yes, we offer the full dinner menu at the bar.
• Do you serve lunch or brunch?
• Do you have valet parking?
Yes. It is $14 for under 3 hours and $20 for up to five hours. The valet service opens when the restaurant does at 4:30 pm.
• Is there a corkage fee?
Yes. The corkage fee is $50 per bottle with a two bottle maximum.
• How large a table can you accommodate in your dining room?
Monday-Thursday, the largest party that our main dining room can accommodate is a party of 12. Friday and Saturday, the largest party that we can accommodate is 8. Please contact management at email@example.com for assistance with larger groups. Our Private Events Coordinator would be happy to assist if you would like a private room.
• Who is the best person to contact to arrange a private event at The Boarding House?
Our Director of Special Events is Amy Ermatinger. The best way to contact her is via email at events@BHchicago.com.
• How many glasses are on the ceiling of the Wine Bar? Will they fall?
The installation in our Wine Bar is made up of 9,063 wine glasses and they will not fall. They are held by the same high-quality wire that museums around the world use to hang priceless art.
• Do you have vegetarian and vegan options?
In addition to vegetarian items listed on our menu, we have a set vegetarian menu. We can also custom create dishes to fit most dietary restrictions. Vegan dishes may be arranged but will be almost impossible to execute without advanced notice. To ensure the best experience, please inform us of any dietary needs when you make your reservation.
• Is your menu friendly to gluten-free lifestyles?
If you alert your server we can adjust most of our dishes to accommodate most food allergies. We do not offer gluten free pasta, pizza or bread.
• Is the coat check service complimentary?
Yes. Coat check is available with compliments on our 1st floor at the host stand.
• Can we bring in a cake or other dessert for a special celebration?
Yes, however we do charge a $5 per person plating fee. Please let us know of any special handling instructions when you make your reservation. Our Pastry Chef would also be more than happy to create a special dessert for your occasion, with advanced notice.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/mk_page_section]